- Click on the apple icon (fig 1) and select System Preference > Print & Fax.
- You will see fig 2.
- Click on the "+" sign. The Add Printer dialog box (Fig 3) will appear.
- Press and hold the CTRL key and click on the menu bar as shown on fig 3.
- A drop-down menu-box will appear. Click on the "Customize Toolbar...". The toolbar customisation dialog as shown in Fig 4 will appear.
- Drag the Advance icon onto the menu bar (see arrow on fig 4). Then click Done.
- The Advance icon is now accessible from the menu bar. (see fig 5).
- Click on Advanced to see the advanced settings dialog box(Fig 6).
- Enter the fields in the advanced settings dialog box accordingly.
Example --> URL: smb://nts27.comp.nus.edu.sg/pstsc-dx (For student) or smb://nts09.comp.nus.edu.sg/pstsc-dx (For staff)
- Select the appropriate driver. Select printer software -> Lexmark T642
- Then click Add. Installable options dialog box (fig 7) will appear.
- Select the appropriate settings for installable options and Click Continue. Note: if options differ from what is shown, choose the closest approximation.
- You will see the newly added printer in your Print & Fax window (fig 8).
- You are ready to print.
- When printing, you will be prompted to enter your NUSNETid and password.
Example --> Name: NUSSTU\
- You are done!
Printing in NUS SoC (Mac OSX 10.5)
Printing for MAC OS (Leopard - MAC ver 10.5)